About Domino's Pizza
Domino's 101: Basic Facts
PIZZA, PRODUCT & MENU:
- 85% of the items on Domino's menu are new since 2008.
- There are more than 34 million ways to create a single Domino's pizza.
- Pepperoni is the most popular U.S. pizza topping, followed by mushrooms, sausage, ham and green peppers.
- Breadsticks were the first national nonpizza menu item offered at Domino's, in 1992.
- Domino's World's Fastest Pizza Maker Pali Grewal can make three large pizzas in just 39.17 seconds.
STORE & FRANCHISE OWNER FACTS:
- Domino's is 96% franchise-owned.
- Domino's has about 1,000 independent franchise owners in the U.S.
- More than 90% started their careers as drivers or assistant managers.
- Domino's delivery experts cover 10 million miles each week in the U.S. alone.
INTERNATIONAL & GLOBAL FACTS:
- Domino's delivers more than 1 million pizzas a day worldwide.
- Domino's operates 10,988 stores in more than 70 countries around the world (Q1 2014).
- More than half of Domino's sales now come from outside the U.S.
- 2013 global retail sales: $8 billion ($3.8 domestic, $4.2 international).
- Domino's International has experienced 81 consecutive quarters (20 consecutive years) of positive same store sales growth (Q1 2014).
- Domino's currently holds the #1 pizza delivery & carryout market position in 38 markets, including 7 of our 10 largest: U.K., India, Mexico, Australia, South Korea, Turkey and France.
- Domino's largest markets are the following (by number of stores as of Q1 2014):
- U.S. – 4,986
- U.K. – 774
- India – 715
- Mexico – 592
- Australia– 509
- South Korea – 390
- Canada – 380
- Turkey – 374
- Japan – 300
- France – 227
- Netherlands – 144
BUSIEST DAYS FOR DELIVERY:
- Domino's sells more than 11 million pizza slices on Super Bowl Sunday, nearly 80% more than a typical Sunday.
- Super Bowl is followed by Halloween, New Year's Eve/Day and Thanksgiving Eve.
TECHNOLOGY & ONLINE:
- Domino's is consistently one of the top five companies in terms of online transactions, behind companies such as Amazon and Apple.
- 95% of smartphones are covered with the ordering app (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone 8)
- About 40% of Domino's sales in the U.S. come through our digital ordering channels
- 32 Domino's international markets feature online ordering
Most Domino’s stores are owned and operated by independent franchisees rather than Domino’s Pizza LLC. Each franchisee is a separate and distinct company from Domino’s Pizza LLC. All hiring and other employment decisions in a franchise store are made solely by the franchisee and not Domino’s Pizza LLC, and individuals hired into a franchise store are employees of the franchisee and not Domino’s Pizza LLC. The specific store operations, work environments, and terms and conditions of employment (including but not limited to hours, pay, and benefits) can vary by store and franchisee. Domino’s Pizza LLC makes no warranties or representations, and undertakes no obligations, related to the operation or management of a franchise store or any hiring or other employment decisions made by a franchisee. Any questions related to employment in a franchise store should be directed to the franchisee. Domino’s Pizza LLC cannot and does not guarantee employment to any individuals.
Online ordering at participating stores. ©2014 Domino's IP Holder LLC. Domino's®, Domino's Pizza® and the modular logo are registered trademarks of Domino's IP Holder LLC. "Coca-Cola", "Coca-Cola Zero", "Diet Coke", "Sprite" the Contour Bottle design, the Dynamic Ribbon are registered trademarks of The Coca-Cola Company.